Let me just start off by saying I know that there are plenty of questions around this topic and I've been through many of them, but I feel I need to ask my own question.
My problem is "simple" in the sense that on paper, it should be a simple task (just my POV). However, I'm finding that this is so much more complicated.
The long and short of it is this:
- We have a Jira Cloud instance which has ~500 tests in it
- We have a second Jira Cloud instance which has no tests in it
- We want to move/duplicate the tests from the first instance to the second one
I've read through the docs for the following tools and I have been through tutorials/forums about using them:
- Xporter
- Better Excel Exporter for Jira
Just about every feature required for my problem is implemented for a Jira Server or Data Center installation and nothing working for Jira Cloud (yet).
Between all the various sources of information I've looked at, it's not always necessarily easy to decipher whether the information is applicable to all Jira installations or whether it's only for Server and not Cloud etc..
So, what would like to know is this:
- Is it possible to migrate (in bulk) tests between two Jira Cloud instances?
- Are there easy-to-follow docs/tutorials that explain how to do this?
I also have seen reference to using the API's and GraphQL, but honestly, I don't know how to do this and neither does anyone I'm working with. And it's not that I mind learning a new skill, but honestly, it shouldn't have to be this complicated.