I'm trying to update tasks captured in meeting notes from the task summary - unfortunately I can't seem to update them unless I drill back into the meeting notes where the task was created originally. this is cumbersome when trying to update tasks. Is there anyway to update the tasks from the summary screen?
Hi @[deleted], welcome to the community!
Yes, you can access that by clicking on your profile avatar and selecting "Tasks"
You can also generate tasks reports. More about it on the Atlassian documentation below:
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-task-report-macro/
I hope that helps.
Cheers,
Melo
Thanks Melo,
as i understand it you can only update tasks you assigned or that are assigned to you from your profile. I"m using these tasks in a project mgt update meeting and updating tasks for team members as we walk through the list. The only way I can update the tasks is by navigating to where the task was originally updated for example in the meeting notes. Updating it there and then it shows up in the summary as an update. I'm looking for a way to quickly update all tasks from the consolidated list, it takes too much time to drill into every meeting note, scroll to the bottom of the note and update there then publish and then go back to the list. Any idea if this is possible? or maybe there is another way to manage tasks.
Hi @[deleted]
I think the Task report macro will help you with that. As you can see on the screenshot below, the only required field is the Space or Pages you want to include.
The creator and other info are optional and will help you filter it.
Please let me know if that helped.
Thanks again Melo for your super quick response
I actually have a task report for open and completed tasks but I'm not able to edit the tasks from that report either, it is a view only report. still have the same problem. I can edit the macro but that doesn't let me actually edit the task it self.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.