Hello, we're seeing that in some customer responses that come in directly through email and not the portal has the following code prefix.
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <!--[if gte mso 9]>
Any idea what it might be and how it can be parsed out? Thanks a lot.
The best option would be to ask your people to stop sending emails with silly pointless formatting in the subject.
There's no way for the email handlers to remove the junk from the summary, they're not designed to do any processing of the text that is in the emails they get sent.
It seems like outlook adds a ~WRD0000.jpg file to email which is causing this. The tickets with the code - [if gte mso 9] [if gte mso 9] - have that in common.
You'll need to ask your Outlook users to turn that function off.
Interesting. I'm also getting a user sending tickets like this. Only one. THere is no attachment.
Anuj, did you find how to remove this?
I've just noticed this today (it might have been happening before now) but every comment that is added to a JSM ticket (when users "reply about the line") now contains:
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <!--[if gte mso 9]> Clean DocumentEmail false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE <!--[if gte mso 9]>
As an Atlassian Admin, I've downloaded my own test emails from the Email Requests log, and I can find this section of the email that contains those tokens:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG/></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><w:WordDocument><w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState><w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind><w:TrackMoves/><w:TrackFormatting/><w:EnvelopeVis/><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:DoNotPromoteQF/><w:LidThemeOther>EN-CA</w:LidThemeOther><w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian><w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript><w:Compatibility><w:DoNotExpandShiftReturn/><w:BreakWrappedTables/><w:SnapToGridInCell/><w:WrapTextWithPunct/><w:UseAsianBreakRules/><w:DontGrowAutofit/><w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/><w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/><w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/><w:OverrideTableStyleHps/></w:Compatibility><m:mathPr><m:mathFont m:val=3D"Cambria Math"/><m:brkBin m:val=3D"before"/><m:brkBinSub m:val=3D"--"/><m:smallFrac m:val=3D"off"/><m:dispDef/><m:lMargin m:val=3D"0"/><m:rMargin m:val=3D"0"/><m:defJc m:val=3D"centerGroup"/><m:wrapIndent m:val=3D"1440"/><m:intLim m:val=3D"subSup"/><m:naryLim m:val=3D"undOvr"/></m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
As an Outlook end user, I'm not really in charge of this content. I can assure you I haven't knowingly enabled anything in my client that would cause this. I'm also at the mercy of both Microsoft and Corporate IT decisions.
It might be silly, pointless, and garbage to you Nic, but those comments aren't helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.