Hi everyone,
I'm setting up JSM and am constrained by some criteria at this stage:
- Tickets can only be created by customers sending an email (no portal access)
- Only 1 email address will be used for all tickets created
- Two teams will action tickets: Sales Support (Requests) or Issue Support (Incidents)
- Requests may contain Changes and Requests needing approval
- Requests and Incidents must use the same workflow
From what I can tell, I have to choose a default Request Type, e.g. Incidents, which is linked to an ITSM template and will drive which Issue Types, fields and workflow will be used. For Change, Requests, and Requests with Approvals to function within the Incidents request type, I think I have to find and add the missing fields for those request types into the Incidents request type, and then alter the workflow in the same way so that it functions for all scenarios. This will then enable an agent to take a ticket that has an issue type of "Email Request" and convert it into a Change issue type or a Request with Approval issue type, etc.
I'm not sure if the above is the best approach to this scenario. Personally it doesn't feel right and I do wonder if it is going to cause issues further down the line when inevitably we do launch a customer portal and do want to have different workflows for requests, change, and incidents, etc.
I'd really appreciate your advice... what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance 👍