Currently, the only project I have in Jira is our software project where we conduct sprints to track releases and manage the development of our software.
I have a support staff as well that provides customer support to our users and handles tickets and questions that the users have. What I want to do is figure out a way for the support staff to create and manage tickets (primarily bugs), but I don't want them to add issues to the software project itself because I don't want the project to become filled with random bugs. One reason for this is because they might be reporting a supposed bug with data, but after further review, it's not a bug so the ticket is turned down and I do not create one for the dev team to work on.
Would creating a second project specifically for the support team be the best way to handle this? If it is, how would I transfer the tickets over to the dev project for them to work on?