Hi Jira community,
I have a team-managed project which currently only takes incoming requests via email. I have a number of different request types with different workflows purpose built for specific request types. I would like to make an automation so when an agent chooses a specific transition in the default email request type, it will initiate a Jira automation which changes the default email request type into a specified request type with a workflow purpose built for that task.
When I'm using the "Edit request type" function in the Automation section, I'm getting the following error message: The request type couldn't be edited, because the chosen request type isn't based on this issue type.
It doesn't seem like team-managed projects have issue types (only request types), so should that be understood as the "Edit request type" automation doesn't work for team-managed projects?
And if it's the case that the "Edit request type" is not applicable to team-managed projects, why does it appear in the automation section of a team-managed project?
Thank you,
Best regards
Jakob