Hi All,
I'm wondering how to approach this situation:
I have a new story that is currently in development. In JIRA I have the status set to IN PROGRESS until Dev and Unit Testing is complete. I then need to move the story through QA/BETA/Prod environments. I wonder what status should be best for the story for each environment. Do I simply have a separate status for "In QA Testing", "In BETA Testing", etc.? Or is there a more elegant way to do this? The issue is that if I have multiple QA Statuses in each environment, the corresponding JIRA board gets crowded but the raw data is more accurate for management readouts. Thoughts?
Does this make sense?
In Summary: Is the best way to track QA progress in each of the environment to setup a set of status for each environment or is there a more sophisticated way to leverage Jira functionality to accomplish the same results (e.g., I considered trying to use a combination of the environment attribute and the status to arrive at a detailed break down but this seems to make reporting and dashboarding more complex).
Thank you