Hello,
I was wondering if it's possible to add a responder to a newly created incident in JSM through automation rules?
Thanks for anybody that reply ;-)
Hi Nico,
This is possible when using the "edit issue" action.
Under "more options" you can add a json to update field. Try this:
{"update":{"customfield_10091":[{"add":[{"ari":"<opsgenie_reference>","name":"<name of the team>","type":"team","avatarUrl":null}]}]}}
Where "customfield_10091" is the ID of your Responders field
If you want to find the value of the placeholders I used you can take an existing ticket where the field has been filled out. The endpoint for that is /rest/api/2/issue/<KEY>
Hope this helps!
Hi @Nico Lenaerts
Yes, you can create an automation to send a custom reply on create action. Go to JSM project -> project settings -> automation and create a new rule.
Btw, you can also edit default "request created" notification from project settings -> customer notifications.
Hi @Tansu Akdeniz Thx for your quick reply!
I just tried to setup sending a "custom reply" by adding a new action, but I can't seem to find the custom reply...Is it possible to elaborate just a bit more?Thank you!
You can use "Send email" function. Or it is possible to use "Comment on issue" (share with customer visibility) which will send a comment over the original request created mail. It will trigger "Public comment added" system notification.
If it is generic message, as I said before, change the following notification instead of creating a rule (below). Defining a new automation rule makes sense if there will be conditional cases.
Hey @Tansu Akdeniz Maybe I wasn't so clear before, so my apologies!What I really want to do is to add (in an automated way a responder (team from OpsGenie) whenever a new incident is created like shown here in the screenshot:I don't want to send an email to person, but my goal is this:Whenever a responder is added, a new "alert" is created in OpsGenie and the responder will be the owner of this alert. So this is where I want to go to...
Perfect! it works ;-)
What is the ari? Where can I find this?
What should be added as <opsgenie_reference> ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.