We have JSM set up to get issues from external users that we clone into our development project. I am trying to replicate the now removed "linked issue" functionality. I have my automation working to copy comments but it has an unintended consequence. My automation scope is both the JSM and dev project and it branches to just issues with the link type "clones".
- Intended behavior - comments added to JSM tickets are copied to cloned dev tickets
- Unintended behavior - comments added to dev tickets are copied to any other dev tickets that were cloned off that ticket
Does anyone know how to prevent that "dev ticket to dev ticket" copying from happening? I tried adding a issue field check on project but that blocked both JSM and dev tickets. I looked for a smart value but couldn't find one that I could use in an advanced compare check. I'm stumped!
TIA,
Kathy
(I'd also be grateful to anyone who can tell me how to get the name of the person who made the original comment, not their ID.)