Does anyone know if there's a way to create a List screen in Jira Cloud in the software dev project template like you can in the business project template? I'm also trying to find out how to use the forms feature also available in the business project template but once again not seeing in the software development project.
Hi David,
You can create a filter that will pretty much show all of the same stuff, it just won't have the inline editing feature. There is an add-on called JXL that can do that. I have not used it, but it has good reviews.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224710/jxl-spreadsheet-table-structure-issue-editor-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
thanks, the inline editing is what I wanted, and although I appreciate the add-on it's said that I need to pay extra for a feature that seems to already exist.
If no way to add the list, ss there a way to change the template of a project? ie. if I want to change it from Software project to Business Project or would I need to migrate it over to a new project?
@David Loszewski -- in addition to JXL, Structure also offers inline editing and has great reviews.
(Full disclosure, I work for the company that makes Structure.)
Best,
-dave
Whoops.... I see now that you were typing "I don't want to pay for an add-on" as I was typing. 😉
I don't mind paying for an add-on if the functionality doesn't already exist, but it sounds like it does, at least to some degree. I do have Structure btw,
You can't change the type of project - you would need to create a new one and migrate your existing issue over to it. :-)
"I do have Structure btw."
Music to my ears 😀
Hi @David Loszewski
just chiming in here quickly from the JXL team I totally appreciate the sentiment regarding add-ons. Just let me say that JXL is more more than "just" a list view - as examples, you can easily edit large sets of issues via copy/paste, create arbitrary issue hierarchies, perform quick sorting and filtering, and much more.
Here's how an inline-status change (first individually, then via copy/paste) looks in action:
You probably know that you can trial JXL (and any other add-on, for that matter) for free - so it might be worth a try. Also, please reach out anytime if there's any questions or feature requests!
Hannes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.