Hi all,
I'm asked to evaluate what the impacts would be to uninstall Service Management (4.20.1) from our Data Center Jira (8.20.1). We have one active project of type SM and multiple Jira projects of various types. The hope/wishful thinking is that after uninstalling the SM application, the SM project would somehow become like a normal Jira project.
I know better. I ask nevertheless in the hopes that I might have missed something, or that this could be done with some elbow grease and code monkeying. I have a test instance that mirrors prod so I could make some changes, but before I make my test instance unstable and generate a few hours of work for me to rebuild, I figured I'd ask.
We will likely uninstall Service Management anyway, and I expect the non-SM Jira projects won't be affected - kindly confirm that part is accurate. It's that last pesky SM project that still uses the app. The users would very much like to keep as is if possible (same project key, same numbers, etc.).
In your infinite wisdom, valued Jira experts, what say you? Short of migrating all the issues from the SM project to a new, "normal" Jira project (which is the way to go), is there a way to sort of excise Service Management from a Data Center setup and make that SM Project a "normal" Jira project?
(I expect a flurry of "no". It's fine if so - then that response will be available for anyone. Feel free to expose why doing so would be a bad idea.)