Is there a way to create a bar chart in JIRA about counts of issues status such as Open/Closed grouped by daily/weekly/monthly?
Hi @gujjulanikhilreddy 👋
Welcome to the Community! I'd recommend looking at eazyBI Reports and Charts for Jira on the Atlassian marketplace.
It allows you to create custom reports tailored for your use case including newly created issues over time on weekly bases. eazyBI have several out of the box KPI's, like created issues, resolved issues, open issues, logged hours and other, which you can analyze by different viewpoints, like time, projects, issue types, issue priorities, reporters, etc.
I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃
All the best,
Laura
Hi Laura, can we do it by writing the JQL queries?
FWIW, there are a number of 3-party charting apps in the marketplace. If you don't want the cost then consider using Excel.
As of my knowledge, I don't think we can achieve this in bar graph. But we can do this using pie chart.
We have to create a filter, by writing a query for which project and grouping based on daily, weekly etc. [project = CM AND created < endOfMonth() ].
Select saved filter and statistic type as status. This will result us number of issue in particular status.
Regards,
Nayana N
Hi @gujjulanikhilreddy ,
Please have a look at the eazyBI Demo account. One report resembling your requirement can be found there - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/50046-unresolved-issues-by-statuses-over-time.
Thank you @Laura Holton _ACE Manchester_ for suggesting eazyBI!
Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com
@Nayana N I couldn't able to write the JQL query for pie chart, Hence could you please help me on this.
Example: project = "xxx" AND status = "In QA" AND created <= endOfDay()
Thank you!
Hey,
First you have to write a JQL query in advance issue search.
Write a query and then save it by giving suitable name. ( I will be saving it as sample)
Later in Pie chart, you have to select a saved filter. Click on change filter or project, you will get a pop-up window suggesting a saved filter.
Hope it is useful.
I would like to create a pie chart with two sections: issues submitted during the past calendar month and issues resolved or closed during the past calendar month. I don't know how to write a query and select a statistic type that would do that.
Really, no bar chart with count is available just with Jira?
I agree , bar charts are pretty basic
I have a manager specifically looking for a way to see (for multiple stories at once) how long each story has been in each status. I am glad there's a way to get part of the way there with pie charts, but I'd really like to see a way to do this with bar chart.In addition, we're looking for a bar chart visual to summarize a % of hours logged or story points at the epic level, between epics committed to work on during the quarter (using the Roadmap field), and epics without that Roadmap selection. Yes, I know you might do that with a pie chart, but it would fit better on a Dashboard like the Sprint Health Gadget.Another vote for stacked bar charts!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.