Ok, so I want to dabble into issue level security and I am seemingly hitting a wall.
What I want to do: I want to grant a user access to one specific issue within a project.
What's the setup? -> I set up an issue level security scheme in which I decided to add a user custom filed value "shared user" -> I associated the project with the scheme and I added a user to a task in which I set the field "shared user" to that particular external employee.
When the user tries to access the issue, I would expect him to be able to see the project and within the project only the issue he was assigned to as a shared user. However, all the user sees when trying to access our instance of Jira is "your request to access Jira at example.atlassian.net was denied.
Some additional info: The user is in a group "external users" which does not have access rights to jira software. Within the project the group has been given the role of assignee (external).
Any idea what I am missing here?