I was trying to utilize the free version of Jira Software to answer my question, but apparently you cannot adjust permissions in the free version, so I've come here to ask this question. If a user is licensed for Jira Service Management, are they able to be given permissions to view & add issues for projects within Jira Software?
I'm trying to understand what amount of licenses we will ultimately need based on the product usage by each individual. Our Aftermarket group needs Jira Service Management licenses to handle external customer requests/issues. That same Aftermarket group may need to see what other departments are currently working on and may need to add issues to be worked on (based on external customer requests/issues), but those other departments would have projects existing within Jira Software. We need the ability to handle internal requests, but having to purchase a Service Management & Software license for everyone makes the pricing skyrocket...