Our team uses Jira with scrum to work on a project. The client who is the stakeholder of the project is not currently part of Jira but submitting their feature requests and bug reports through other channels.
I would like to integrate the client within the Jira project so that the project can be more transparent. I would also like to have them submit their requests within Jira as well, that would make it possible to have a discussion about each item within the Jira ticket.
The problem is that I don't want the client to be able to mess up the priority of the backlog. I would like to have a workflow like this:
Client asking for a feature -> product owner filter and clarifies request -> item appear in backlog.
But it would be great if the client was able to add the request directly in Jira but not in the regular backlog, which might be picked up by the team before PO has made its clarification.
How would I configure Jira for this case?