Hi all
I used to use Confluence Server in a private cloud for some years. We switched to Confluence Cloud last year.
I am used to have the Numbered Heading macro on my pages, so Confluence numbers the headings for me, in perfect sequence, without me having to care for this at all.
I am documenting lots of code, so, I used to insert the code block macro quite often in my pages.
Confluence Cloud in its new editor forces me to use their code snippet macro and embed it into their expand macro to arrive at code block's functionality.
That works - as long as you don't have to embed the expand macro into another macro, like the numbered headings, as expand will always go to the top level and break macros trying to embed it.
That also holds for tables, lists, you name it. Lots of features I have grown to like just don't work anymore with this severe restriction.
Therefore, my questions in this regard are:
- Do I do something wrong?
- Do I miss something?
- Is there a system level setting missing?
... as I cannot believe that this is really what Atlassian sees as production ready code.
Yours truly
Peter