Hi,
Is there a way of granting permission for custom fields?
I've created a custom field and I want to be the only being able to edit that field, not anyone else inside the project. Is this possible?
Thank you
Alejandra
Not directly, Jira does not have field-level security (it's an anti-pattern for collaboration in most places).
You can do it though. If you move "edit (certain fields)" into the workflow, you can protect the transitions with conditions.
Hola @Alejandra González
Por defecto no se puede. Como dijo nic, tienes que usar una pantalla de transición.
Ejemplo: https://youtu.be/RIKYX-z4meM
Lo que nosotros hacemos es usar una transición con conditiones para que ciertas personas puedan usuarlo y que se llama a si misma. Ejemplo: https://youtu.be/vIM3Yc3U6Hc
Saludos
how does this works?
" If you move "edit (certain fields)" into the workflow, you can protect the transitions with conditions."
Im not sure about it,
I didn't explain it originally, as I don't want to do the explanation if you already knew how to do it!
Let's imagine you have a simple workflow of Open -> In Progress -> Closed. To "move the edit into the workflow";
ok, thank you
vale, gracias
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.