Need the story status to transition..
If the story has 3 sub tasks
1 is to do
1 is in progress
1 is done
In this scenario the status of the parent should be in progress until all of the sub tasks are done.
The popular automation templates I found moves the parent to done
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357125
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/140671
I think I need if/then added to the template but not sure exactly how to do this.
I am pretty sure someone has already set up an automation to do this.
I think what you are wanting is to have the Parent task moved to In progress when the first subtask moves to In progress. The parent task stays in the In progress status until the last subtask moves to done at which point the parent task also moved to done.
Let me first refer you to this post - How-do-I-automatically-trigger-a-status-change-on-a-parent-issue
If you have a rule that you are working on please share it here and I can help assess where it might be stuck.
Thank you for helping
The link you provided isn't working for me
You are correct I do want to have the Parent task moved to In progress when the first subtask moves to In progress. The parent task stays in the In progress status until the last subtask moves to done at which point the parent task also moved to done.
Attached is what I made and it moves the parent to done when 1 of 3 subtasks are done.
Hi @PATRICIA MURPHY
Adding to what Jack suggests and your question, the two example rules you note will do exactly what you requested. What part is missing for you need?
You would only need the if/else rule component when you want to combine these and perform the operation in one rule.
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy @Jack Brickey
Hi
The rule I made moves the parent to done when only 1 of 3 of the sub tasks are done.
I want the parent to stay in progress until all 3 sub tasks are done.
Is there something in the rule or an issue scheme or post transition function I need to implement to achieve the results I am wanting?
Thank you for your help
Pat
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.