I tried to add validation for a custom field upon transition. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the expected custom field on the choose field. I tried on different transition too but no luck.
Hi
Do you see any fields in the dropdown?
For many Jira pickers only a limited number are shown at first. For others you will need to start typing the field names so it can be filtered into the list.
I suspect you are trying a simple field validator - these only work with system fields
Correct @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , just checked in my cloud trial.
Thank you! Typing the name they appeared in the dropdown
I tried your suggestion too, but no luck.. earlier it was working but now it is not working.
Simple field validator? Not sure
Upon clicking on the transition button in the workflow edit page, you can see add validation option. I have been using this option for years to add validation to both system and custom fields. However, it is not working now.
I can see both system and custom fields in the drop down but those fields are limited.
Even if I type the custom field name, I'm not able to see it on the drop down suggestion list.
@Tom Lister thank you for your response 🙂
Yes, I could see limited number system and custom fields.
Even if type the custom field name, it is not appearing on the suggestion list. Rather it is showing irrelevant custom fields.
@M Athish Krishna , is there a solution to this problem yet? I too am facing with one of the custom fields (Actual end). I want to put a validator to check that the "Actual end" is not empty while transitioning the status of an issue to Done.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.