I'm trying to do what I think should be a very straight forward operation. Which is duplicate a Kanban project.
I've exported a CSV file of all tickets from the Jira kanban project.
I'm then importing that same file into a new kanban project with exactly the same settings (only the project name has changed.
I'm doing this to make a duplicate of the project (so that I can test some things that I want to try without impacting the live project).
The import fails.
First, it can't find the users. I get messages for all users of the form:
Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User 'alan' does not exist. ]
It does correctly identify the users during the map fields phase of the import, it simply fails during the import itself.
Next I get errors of the form:
Issue 'blah' doesn't have Subtask Issue Type, its Parent Id mapping will be ignored.
There's no mapping available for subtask, although I'm assuming this refers to the data in the CSV, however I would expect the subtask to be exported by Jira if it's required in the import phase? Perhaps I'm not understanding this error at all.
I feel that the one use case that Jira CSV import / export should definitely be able to deal with is importing a Jira created export.
Is there another way to duplicate a kanban project?