Background context:
We used to do transition manually from "TO DO" to "IN PROGRESS" whenever we have a build plan task which is allocated on that day.
For example in this screenshot. Today is Day 4 (Thursday). What I used to do is straight forward move them.

Current situation:
We are looking a way to automate this cards to be automatically transitioned (from TO DO into IN PROGRESS). and yes we found it.
Here is the way I did it:
by using automation and a simple query because each jira card has "duedate" field which I already set.

Yes it works, Actually duedate is not enough, as what we want to achieve is each card can be transitioned automatically based on their expected time. For example I have these two JIRA task in my TO DO.
- Sprint 41 PREV BUILD: Day 4, Thu 13 Jan 12:00
The card remind the programmers to do the build task on 12:00. We want the card to be automatically transitioned 2 hours before which is on 10am.
- Sprint 41 RC BUILD: Day 4, Thu 13 Jan 15:00
The card remind the programmers to do the build task on 15:00. We want the card to be automatically transitioned 2 hours before which is on 13:00.
What I think if each card has duetime (instead of only duedate), I think it will works with a simple query. Perhaps need your advice if there are any alternative ways to achieve the same goal. Thank you.