HI There
I have a case here where one of our user cannot send any emails to Jira.
So, this person used to be a user in Jira, then he changed department so no longer needed access to Jira so rather than revoking site access we removed the user and removed him from the customer list which then deleted all his issues that are linked and he lost access to all his issues etc. Here is the ticket number for that JST-610985 .
But in the last year he gained access again for certain reasons and since its changed now I have revoked his site access. But since doing that he is no longer able to send any emails to our Jira email address as someone asking for help.
Normally anyone in the organization can send an email to Jira asking for IT help but everytime this user tries, he doesn't get a reply back which is something we have setup in our system and when I had a look at the logs, it says "failed".
Could you please assist me with this and also provide me a brief understanding of how this works?
I also checked if he is available under the "Customers" list and he wasn't. When I tried adding it gave an error message to check the email.
Can I deactivate his managed accounts and then add his as a customer? Will that work?
I will attach some screenshots here.



Thanks
Aamina