Hi Guys ,
I want to know if exist a way to sync two Clients Jira projects .
For example Client 1 have a project
Client 2 have a project
And we want to have all the issues posted from Client 1 into the Client 2 project
Hi Jose - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Yes you can do that with Automation for Jira, assuming both projects are in the same Jira instance.
Thanks John , Do you know if exist a way to do that if are different instances ?
This is our current status and need:
For example I found this potential tools :
Hi @Jose.Pizarro
Exalate.
Yes, you can easily sync between 2 different client projects - either on the same Jira instance or in a cross company environment on different Jira instances. Our tool provides out-of-the-box bi-directional sync between different ITSM systems (including Jira to Jira). So whether you have Jira Cloud or Jira OnPrem, a fully customized sync is certainly possible.
Please feel free to review Exalate to see if it fits your needs or simply book a demo with us to explore your use case further.
Thanks
Syed
as @Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate- already mentioned, that's exactly the use case issue sync apps are taking care of. There are several apps available in the Atlassian marketplace which handle such use cases. I'd recommend to gather your requirements and try out which one works best for you.
If you share your requirements in more detail, the community might be able to help you solving your use case in more detail.
Cheers,Matthias.
PS: I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync.
I love the idea of using automation @John Funk
We have backbone, but believe this will only sync between two separate instances (i.e. JSD and Jira) rather than within the same instance.
I have a similar question, which your suggestion may have answered but I put it out there for feedback.
I am going to use automation to create linked tickets and some of the linked tickets will be in separate projects (all on the same JSD instance). Some of the values will be copied across (obviously the defaults of summary and description), but others won't be 'static' - for example: "price"; if I wanted to change the price on either the primary ticket or any of the linked tickets, I would expect to change it on one and the value would then sync across all linked tickets. I would also expect for neither to be the 'master' ticket but anyone could change a value and it would sync across the other tickets.
I'm asking for quite a lot of our JSD, but believe this is possible using automation but appreciate anyone else's thoughts.
Ultimately, I want different departments to engage in a very complex process (complex due to legislation, not due to lack of lean principles being applied) and each department follows their own rules and therefore ways of working and workflows, however they do share common components, (e.g. cost).
Once each department have fulfilled their obligations and their ticket moves to resolved then the primary ticket can the progress - only restricted by a validation that states all linked tickets and sub-tasks must be resolved before it can progress.
It's unfortunate that this scenario exists, but I'm sure it can't be unique. Each process is interdependent and essential, but linked. The end to end process would be pretty much impossible to workflow and be so complex and difficult to maintain it would be a full time job, which is madness. So, by acknowledging that each person's role is different, but linking them is the most efficient way.
The bit I really want to achieve is automatically updating those shared components.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Regards
Paul
I have nothing additional for syncing multiple instances that the add-ons mentioned by others in this thread. I have not used them, but they are very good tools from what I understand.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.