I want a dashboard showing me how much time spent was reported per sprint, but the current chart I am using (workload pie) shows the time spent aggregated regardless to when the time was reports. Any ideas that do not involve 3rd party plugins?
Hi @Naama Arbili
Welcome to the community!
If you are using time tracking, you can update your velocity chart estimation from the built-in reports in your scrum project. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-velocity-chart/
Regards
Hi @Fabian Lim,Are you sure Velocity can correctly distribute logged time across multiple sprints though? As far as I know, it works with Original Estimate / Total Spent time, not individual worklogs. So if the issue was worked on in multiple sprints, the data wouldn't be correct since there's no link/correlation between specific sprint and worklogs. Moreover, sprints can overlap each other. Therefore, most people are using weekly/bi-weekly time reports instead.
@Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
You are correct. It all depends on Naama's need.
The restriction was that she didn't want 3rd party plugins, which basically makes it impossible to do.
Maybe your plugin could help, but you will have to convice her
Cheers
I'm not pushing towards our tools here at all since it's the initial requirement But I understand the need. And I know why it's somewhat and somehow possible. But it would be a bit not reliable if you understood how time tracking data and issue data (don't) work together.
Hi Naama,
As already mentioned, you need additional Time tracking app. Jira does not provide report for Timespent during period out of the box.
And regarding sprints, it is possible to select issues from active Sprint, with JQL like "sprint in openSprints()" + "or parentSprint in openSprint()" in almost any time tracking app, or there might be even better support in some app.
Please see also https://primetimesheet.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/327700/How+to+sum+hours+for+Epic for more information.
Thank you.
@Naama Arbili I am looking for a similar solution. I would use an add-on, but none of the add-ons I saw really delivers this. Did you find any solution?
If you're up for trying an app, our reporting solution Dashboard Hub for Jira might greatly solve your pain
The Cycle and Lead Time gadgets make it easy to see time spent by sprint.
Dashboard Hub includes nearly 100 ready-to-go metrics, JQL custom charts, pre-built dashboard templates, easy external sharing, 12+ product integrations, dynamic filters, and much more.
Please remember that you can try it 30 days for free! Hope it helps
Iván García, Product Marketing Manager
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.