Hello,
is there a way how to get or set comment reactions in REST API? This feature is in web app for quite a long time, but there's no mention of it nowhere in API docs.
Thanks!
Hi @Radim ,
I would suggest you create a suggestion for Atlassian to get or set comment reactions in REST API.
I created a suggestion for JIRA REST API here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78412. Please revise and vote for it!
I just found @Radim had already created an issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78153.
Hi @Radim,
there are undocumented API for Data Center/Server
/rest/internal/2/reactions [GET, POST, DELETE]
And for Cloud:
/gateway/api/reactions/reactions [GET, POST, DELETE]
That could be used for this.
@Andrea Pannitti can you provide more information, or a link to where you found this? I get a 401 error when trying to access the api you gave for the Cloud, and I can't find any documentation or examples that use /gateway/api/.
Hi @Brent Jenkins ,
I'm sorry I couldn't answer earlier; anyway, try adding the following header to your request:
X-Atlassian-Token: no-check
In the body you have to specify: emojiId, ari and containerAri; for an example, check the network traffic from the console of your browser when you add a reaction manually.
Thanks for your tips and suggesting that header! Unfortunately I still get a 401 unauthorized error. While inspecting the network traffic doing it manually, it appears this api is still using cookie-based authentication. However, that authentication method has been deprecated by Jira for third party clients. So, it doesn't seem like there's a way to access this API any more? Maybe if I use an Admin API token with basic auth instead of a user token it would work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.