Is there a way to prevent another user from approving my or someone else's task?
I had an issue with one user was approving tasks for another user. These users belong to the same group and project.
Yes...likely....maybe... ;-)
It depends on how you define approving. If this is built into your workflow i.e. there is a transition to approve an issue then yes absolutely... if you are using CMP project. In this case you would edit the workflow and on the transition to the approved status you would add a condition limiting the transition to the assignee or it can even be a group of users if you like.
If you need some assistance in this or get stuck just let us know.
Hi Derek,
Are you using Jira Service Management? If so, you should be able to control who the approvers are for each issue.
Hi Jack,
I'm very new and just figuring this out as I go along. I'd be grateful if you have any suggestions as I don't have the option to do as the image suggests on this section in step 1.
@Gemma - The document you link in your last reply is for Jira Server or Jira Data Center and not Jira Cloud.
What type of project are you using?
@Derek Irving , the link you provided was for your service management however, your post is in Jira software. The way I would suggest that you achieve your goal will vary depending on which application you are using. Please advise.
Aaah, my apologies, it is for the service management, not the software side
Got it. Take a look at this site for guidance:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-an-approval-stage-for-a-request/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.