I have seen a lot of people online and watched youtube videos, but there is no tabs in my macros option.
Am I missing something? Is there an add-on or a version that I don't have?
@Addie Hutchins welcome to Confluence!
There is no native TABS macro in Confluence. It is available as an add-on in the marketplace. You can search https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ for a macro that suits your needs.
The closest that a native macro comes to Tabs is the expand macro, which allows nesting of text inside of a header.
Let me know if you need any other suggestions!
Thank you so much. I'm very very new to Confluence (1 week in) and I'm learning the ropes. I appreciate the quick reply!
Well then @Addie Hutchins! This is a life changing moment for you. Take a deep breath and survey your surroundings - you'll want to remember this in the years to come!
Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. I highly recommend you take the Confluence Fundamentals course, which is free, recently revamped, and an excellent primer for how to use Confluence.
Atlassian University
I also recommend you create a personal Space in your Confluence instance and just start playing there with creating, editing, formatting and using macros for pages and content - hands on experience is the best experience to learn from!
A few more resources:
Confluence Overview
How to Create a Culture of Knowledge Sharing
And of course, keep coming back here with questions and we'll be here to support you on your journey!
@Andy Gladstone I was just watching this video on the Atlassian youtube channel. She demonstrated a tabs option but I can't find the one she used. Are you familiar with this one?
https://youtu.be/MCmzzpfUbDU
Hi @Addie Hutchins
Confluence Cloud doesn’t actually include a Tabs macro by default. If you want that functionality, you can use the Tabs macro from Simple Toolkit for Confluence. It lets you split your page into clean, switchable sections, and it’s free for teams up to 10 users.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.