Today is 1/3/2022, and all new jira items showing below default date 2/18/1993. Is it the same as MS Exchange bug?
Hi @Mars Wang
Thanks for this report, I created a new bug based on this over in JRACLOUD-78106. Just to note, as Piotr did, these displayed dates are not actual values that are being input to any issues in Jira, instead these are only an example of the format expected for that field. And of course the date picker is still correctly defaulting to the current date. But I can see why this would be confusing.
I believe this is a bug in the new issue view, as the old issue view never seemed to show these kinds of example formatting values at all for empty fields. For creating issues, I have not yet found a workaround here, but I also noticed the same behavior in editing existing issues. For those it is still possible to temporarily clicking through to the old issue view in order to avoid this problem for the time being.
Cheers,
Andy
Hi @Mars Wang Welcome to Community
I believe it's not the default value but the sample value. If you click on the calendar icon the default will be today.
Piotr
Hi Piotr,
So this is a bug I suppose.
Maybe my memory was wrong, but I didn't see this weird 1993 date before new year.
Thanks.
If you don't touch the date picker box, this sample date value (2/18/1993) won't be put into this field. That's why this value is in grey.
I agree that it would be better if the sample value show the "today" date.
I don't remember if such behavior exists before the new year - maybe it was part of a new optimized create Jira issue experience - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-create-experience/
Thanks Piotr and Andy's for your quick response!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.