Good day
I need to flag issues automatically when they are brought into an active sprint.
I have tried to add the rule below but it does not work in our test environment. If the rule incorrect or do I need to check something else?
Many thanks
What does your automation audit log show? Does it trigger? If it triggers does it pass the condition. I believe as constructed, your rule is flawed. I would expect the rule to trigger as soon as you add an issue to a sprint during your planning. It will not pass the condition because the sprint will not yet be active. Then when you start the sprint it will not be triggered. I need to better understand exactly what you’re trying to do with flagging issues to potentially offer a different solution.
For example you might simply flag an issue when the sprint changes and then you may want to clear the flag on all issues when the sprint ends. Again I just need to understand the use case better.
Hi @Melissa Pather
Check the audit log, the rule should work but most likely the scope and condition of the rule is excluding the issues.
I was just curious to know why you want to flag all the issues if they are added to active sprint? The Sprint burndown chart will show you this information or may be you want to filter these issues for reporting later?
Ravi
Thanks for your prompt reply. Rule does not trigger at all when added to an active sprint. The rule is meant to flag any issue that we add to an active sprint. The reason for this is because we want to visually see what extra tasks were brought in mid-sprint during the morning stand up.
We have been manually flagging scope creep (Additional tasks) but sometimes tasks can go unnoticed if the team does not mention that additional work was brought in.
Thanks for the prompt response Ravi. I will have a look at the audit log. Reason for adding a flag automatically is so we can visually see the additional work brought into a sprint during the morning stand ups. I can refer to the burn down chart but we mainly use the active sprint board.
I have the exact same rule and it works. Are you sure your Scope and Projects are correct?
Yes, and...to the question from @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
The rule details image you provided shows a rule defined at a global level, and selecting only one project. If this is for just one project, why not define it in that project only? I wonder if the scoping could be causing a trigger issue.
Kind regards,Bill
thanks everyone
A colleague assisted me and this new rule runs fine. My error was on the flag edit issue field - I needed to select flagged - 'unplanned impediment'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.