Hi,
when I used the language setting, I found out that there appears two option for Chinese. 1 is Chinese (China), another one is Chinese (Taiwan). This is obviously a very serious political mistake. So how can I delete the Chinese ((Taiwan) choice?
Hi @shuo wang ,
I think you are talking about the installed language under general Configuration.
unfortunately, for cloud version you can't uninstall one of the installed language.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-jira-application-options/#ConfiguringJIRAapplicationoptions-i18nInternationalization
Thanks
Mohamed Adel
Welcome to the Community!
I do not understand the question here. Many languages have localised or social variations, and when they diverge enough, why would it be wrong for software to offer options that work for the people using it?
What is wrong with offering people in Taiwan the option to use software that works in their language?
@shuo wang -
Welcome to the community. Unfortunately in the CLOUD env, one cannot uninstall a specific language pack from the out of the box default installed languages bundle.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Once again, your response was so narrow minded. For instance, here was a request I just received:"$USER has asked if there is a way to disable the Chinese option in JIRA. He has found some wording errors when the team uses the Chinese option, so he wanted to see if we could disable that?"The translation is creating communication problems and creating code errors as a result.
To drive the explanation home, "What is wrong with offering people in Taiwan the option to use software that works in their language?" - Nothing at all. There's nothing wrong with offering people in Taiwan language options. NOBODY said there was. So, you're using a strawman to sidestep and ignore the request for the simple question it was, and in the process you are villainizing the requester as "someone who is against options".
Nobody is against the option. What we are asking for is the right to turn it off when it creates communication issues. Just like the one I outlined above.
Yet again, you have not understood the reply.
I don't want see Chinese words in this phone it's confuse me so much
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.