Hello
is it possible to provide a default value for a formattable multiline text field (custom field)?
When I try to add the default value, the format is not ok (only text remain)
thanks
Vincent
Hello, I found the solution
You can add Jira markup language to add format to the Default value and this also works in Bulk Edit of issues. I assume this will work also in Automation
See here for the markut definition:https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=lists
vincent
Hi Vincent,
What have you tried so far? Exact steps.
Hello,
I create a custom field with format "Text Field (multi-line)"
In Field Configurations, te custom field is set to [Wiki Style Renderer]
==> when displayed, the custom field allows html formatting (bold, bullet lists, tables, etc)
Back in the custom field, I try to add a default value. Only unformatted text is possible. If I paste formatted text, the format is lost.
So, yeah, it sounds like that it is not going to be possible with the default.
Thanks for this reply 1.5 years ago!!! helped me a lot - do you know if there is an atlassian tool, similar to this: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/apis/document/playground/
that produces the markup formatting based on wsyiwyg input?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.