I am trying to set up a workflow with approvals but I can't find the approval field for a workflow. The documentation states it should be there, but I don't see it. Using Jira Software Kahban "Tem-managed Software" Project. Can anyone help?
Hi @Matthew Routley - In Jira Software, there is no specific field to get approvals as you can have in JSM. In JSW you can configure workflows in a way that only authorized users can trigger the status using conditions.
Also, the approval process in Jira Software can be implemented using a plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-suite-utilities-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
https://beecom-products.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JSU/pages/25680584/Conditional+Approval+Process
But this is a Team-Managed project?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-request-type-in-team-managed-projects/
Hi @Matthew Routley - No it's not for Jira Software.
So which one do I need to do this?!!
Hi @Matthew Routley
Jira Software doesn't have have the approval option/button in workflow.
We need to have another product Jira Service Management to setup approval in workflow, like you have rightly pointed the doc https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-request-type-in-team-managed-projects/
Kanban or Scrum templates are Jira software specific hence they don't have the approval option.
In case if you want to achieve adding approval option. It's not full work around but You can just create a "Approval" status and configure suitable transitions in the workflow.
I hope this helps. !!
Regards,
Vishwas
Hi Matthew - The documentation you are referring to is for Team-managed JSM projects not Team-managed JSW projects. So you would still need Jira Service Management for it to work as described in the documentation.
Hi @Matthew Routley as an alternative you can try Business Process Manager add-on, developed by my team.
It allows adding one or multi Approvers in your process. When an assignee submits the form in issue this task will pass to the first approver.
Schematically, it looks like this:
Try Online Demo to understand better, or ask me if you have any questions.
Regards,Julia,SaaSJet
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.