This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced searching - keywords reference
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Could you please help check how to find a Jira by a keyword in Summary field? The keyword is not at the beginning position of Summary, so the following searching criteria doesn't work:
Summary ~ "*translation"
Many Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Na Liu
Try Summary ~ "translation*"
See about wildcards here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver072/search-syntax-for-text-fields-829092675.html
Many Thanks Vasiliy for your help to check this! Really appreciated.
Sorry I didn't put the question clear just now. The searching criteria which didn't work is as below:
from the doucment: You cannot use a * or ? symbol as the first character of a search.
I've updated the original question too. Because the keyword "translation" is not at the beginning position. Any idea?
Hi Na Liu,
Are you sure simply searching without any "*" doesn't give you what you want? When I do a similar search, it shows me issues where "translation" is anywhere in the summary. Like this:
issue-search-keyword.jpg
Is this not what you want?
Or do you want to exclude issues starting with "translation" from your results?
Sam
Oh, this is sad, but it is not possible in JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6218?_ga=1.36909667.2119377251.1478066480
I use SQL to get such information. Here is for MS SQL
Select project.pkey + '-' + CAST(jiraissue.issuenum as varchar(20)) , jiraissue.SUMMARY from jiraissue join project on jiraissue.PROJECT = project.ID where jiraissue.SUMMARY like '%test%'
Many Thanks Vasiliy for your help checked this and your SQL! A good practice for a DB admin of JIRA DB. :-D
Hi Sam,
Many Thanks for help checked this. "*" do give all the Jiras or I could filter to all issues under my name. Problem is there is a lot...a lot Jiras under my name, I'd prefer to get all issues which relate to "translation" only at one stroke. Then comes this question here. : -)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.