I am trying to use JIRA API to get a few things.
1. Number of points committed in a sprint
2. Number of points achieved in a sprint.
I think for 2), it is fairly straightforward, and we're using sprint name to extract the issues in that sprint and calculating the sum of story points that are closed. But there is a problem with this approach. When we try to search for issues in a sprint - let's say Sprint 2, the API searches across Sprint 2, Sprint 20, 21... 24. Looks like the API is not taking the "=" into account. Here is a sample query -
curl --globoff --request "POST" --header "Content-Type: application/json" --data "{
"expand":
[
"names",
"schema",
"operations"
],
"jql": "cf[12600]=\"core-eng\" AND cf[10100]=\"2021 Sprint 2\" AND labels=\"performance\"",
"fields": [
"summary",
"status",
"assignee",
"customfield_10100",
"customfield_12600",
"customfield_11904",
"customfield_10002",
"labels"
]
}" --url "https://our.company.jira.com/rest/api/2/search"This issue has been replicated by using the issue navigator as well. If we use the Sprint Id then we get the correct results. But, getting a Sprint ID is not so straightforward. because it only retrieves the first 50 sprint-ids. Is there an easy way to get the Sprint-Id by using the Sprint name?
And for 1.) I've tried searching for a lot of JIRA APIs but looks like there is no API that provides the committed stories of a Sprint based on the sprint name or Id. Please let me know if there is any such API that I can use to get the committed points/stories during the start of the sprint.