Is this possible on Cloud/Server?
Thanks
I typically create the same Release (Fix Version) in both the original and destination projects. As long as they are the exact same name (characters are exactly the same!), I've been able to move issues across projects and their Fix Version is preserved.
If I'm not mistaken, during the move process, Jira will ask you to confirm the destination Fix Version (Release) and it should work.
No, you can't do that.
Versions are a project artefact. If you move an issue from one project to another, the new project has its own set of versions, it can't apply a version of another project to its issues.
Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
If I add a Fix version with the same name to the destination project, will that not work?
It used not to, but I know Atlassian changed something related to it a while ago. It might have been components though, or not the move process.
It is absolutely worth a try!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.