Hi All,
How to export the user stories along with their respective Sub-tasks to CSV file?
Hello @Prabhu Chilukuri
In order to export the stories and the sub-tasks, it can be done using the JQL.
If you want to group the user stories and sub-tasks as per the user story, that would require an add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace as the 'GROUP BY' functionality is not natively available in Jira.
Please accept the answer of this helps.
Hi @Prabhu Chilukuri
if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at JXL for Jira. Among many other things, you can...
You can find more information on JXL here and watch a short explainer video here.
(Disclaimer: I work on JXL )
Hope this helps!
Best,
Hannes
If you would be interested in an add-on to view your entire issue hierarchy in a CSV format, you can try out our plugin
Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status
The app also provides sum up at each level for time estimates and story points.
You can export any issue list with the preferred columns using Better Excel Exporter, then save the Excel spreadsheet to CSV using the native "save as" feature in Excel.
There is a bazillion of export features available out of the box.
(Dicl. I'm a developer working on this paid and supported app.)
hi Hannes
just tried your solution but - even if I have listed sub-tasks as requires issue type, your solution do not export them.
just using a quite easy query as project = XXX AND issuetype in (Story, Task, Sub-task)
any idea?
f.
Hi @Fabio Paglianti,
here's how it should work:
1.) I create a sheet with a query similar to yours:
2.) I enable the "default hierarchy"; you can see that subtasks are now shown "below" their story/task:
3.) In the "..." menu in the top-right corner of the screen, I chose "Export", and export the sheet:
4.) In the resulting export, subtasks are now grouped below their story/task:
Let me know if this works! If not, I'm happy to jump into a video call and look through it together; just drop us an email at hello at fine dot software.
Dear Hannes
apologize me - you are right and I am wrong - it works as expected.
My issue is when I try to extract from jira a limited amount of stories, tasks and their subtasks listing in advance the selected epic(s).
It is a jira issue as sub-tasks do not have the epic listed in their attribute
The right query seems to be:
project = DEMOPROJECT AND issuetype in (Story, Task, Sub-task) AND ("Epic Link" in (DEMOPROJECT-546, and so on) OR "Parent Link" in (DEMOPROJECT-609, and so on)) ORDER BY parent ASC, cf[10003] ASC, cf[10010] DESC, created DESC.
thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.