I just joined a new company as the vp of product/engineering manager and have been an avid user of Jira for almost a decade. I have always used jira classic, but my new company has implemented jira nextgen.
I'm running into a few issues and wondering if anyone has figured out some creative workarounds before I migrate everything back to jira classic.
Problems:
- Features (epics) require work from multiple teams. I.e. Android, iOS, backend may all be contributing to a feature. How can I create an object that houses tasks from multiple projects?
- As vp of product, I want to see the entire body of work the teams are producing. How can I create a single view of work in progress? I used to use Jira Dashbaords, but all of the gadgets were built with Classic in mind and all have serious bugs with NextGen (for example, can't create an epic view).
We are too small of a team to be so siloed by projects, but it's beneficial to have separate projects for things that have separate release schedules...
Would love to hear how other have navigated this.
Thanks!