Hello community, I would like to use Automation to copy Request Type value to a custom field in a child related issue. I tried some options but no success at all. Could you help me? Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Hi Pedro,
This is possible by using smart values. See the screenshot below where I configured a quick automation to update all linked issue descriptions with Request type:
Happy Holidays
Hello @Mark Segall , thanks for your reply. Smart values sounds awesome to me. I tried, but not on description field. I create a simple text only custom field to put the smart value, but I got an error:
Did I do something wrong?
Thanks again. Regards
I can't believe it!! My mistake. I put ".." while writing the smart value. The solution was perfect to me @Mark Segall , thanks a lot. Happy holidays for you too
Hi there!Can anyone advise how to eliminate translating while copying {{issue.Request Type.requestType.name}} to a Summary field?
Example:
If I have enabled translation, it may paste different language option into the summary field (I didn't figured out yet based on which criteria translate option selected). And I want to stick it to English only.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.