Hi, Is there a way I can set the reporter as the tester by default in the JIRA cloud? Many Thanks
hi @Karthika Murugesan , welcome to the Community.
I assume Tester is a user field. You could either use a workflow transition Post function (if this is a CMP project) or Automation. If I understood more about your situation I could provide more details. Let me know if either of the above would work and if you need details on how to accomplish.
Hi @Jack Brickey, thanks for getting back to me.
when someone logs an issue(ticket), how can I get the JIRA cloud to set the Tester field(user picker) to the person who is logging the ticket(the Reporter) by default?
Kind Regards,Karthika
As I mentioned above I would recommend either adding a post function to copy a field value on the create transition or if that is not suitable use automation. Are you comfortable with either of those methods?
I am trying out option 1 (post function), but the 'Reporter' is not available as an option on the 'Source field', Is there a way I can add the 'Reporter field' as an option to the 'Source Field'? Please see the attached screenshot. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.