We are trying to have an email notification sent out when a ticket of a specific issue type is created. We've followed this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/send-notifications-based-on-issue-type-for-a-project-in-jira-server-678559814.html but the person who created the ticket and I are the only ones notified. I tried using the notification helper to determine what the problem was and it showed that the single users that I added to the notification scheme did not have permission to be notified about the ticket.
After i did each step i made sure the draft was published and changes were applied. I was wondering if there was a simpler way to accomplish this task, we tried using jira automation as well but ran into permission where people we wanted to share with were given too much access. I have more screenshots on hand if there are any questions, thank you.
Hi Spencer,
First, make sure that your user has access to see that ticket. SO the easiest way to go, is to access that ticket CIT-3629 -> access the admin button on the top -> permission helper, and first grant him rights to the ticket.
After that, if you set up the notification schema with access for him, he's gonna get emails.
-Albert
Hi Albert,
Why do they need to have permission to view the ticket if we just want them to be notified that the ticket was created?
-Spencer
In this case, i see that you're on Cloud, use Automation for Jira to inform that users that a new ticket has been created.
ok we will try automation again
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.