Hi,
I'm wondering how to structure JIRA to fit the way I work in my organization.
What the company looks like:
- we have many projects and many PMs
- we have specialized teams: iOS, Android, DevOps, Web... Which have their own team leaders.
How we currently configured JIRA:
- teams are projects e.g. the Android team has its own project where it keeps all tasks from multiple projects
- if a task requires the work of another team it is created in another team project and then linked by a relationship
For example:
Projects:
- Android (AND-P1, AND-P2, AND-P3...)
- Web (WEB-P1, WEB-P2 (blocks AND-P3), WEB-P3)
- ...
I don't know if this is optimal, but I feel it is not.
What problems we have:
- Team Leaders can see the occupancy of their teams (I'm looking for some plugin e.g. BigPictures shows the load per program, ok I can create a program from a given project, but this also seems suboptimal to me)
- PMs have problems with creating and visualizing schedules (here BigP helps, but it requires quite extensive filters - but it still does not solve the issue mentioned above).
Do you think that such organization of work is optimal? Maybe you have some suggestions?
What plugins for resource and schedule management do you recommend?
Regards,