We migrated from Jira Servie Desk (Server) to Jira Service Management (Cloud).
Alls Issues and Customers were migrated (with the migration app)
If a customer tries to sign on on the new site, he is told something about singel sign on, receives a new registration email, has to choose a new password and is asked questions about his position and so on (like when I registered). This is very confusing to our customers.
And if the customer has done all this - he has no access to his issues. The customer must be removed and added again to restore access. Doing this for all our service projects and customers would be hours of work (and confuse the customers even more).
So:
- Why has a customer to register again? Can that be circumvented?
- Why is the customer asked questions on registration like if one of our employees is registering ("what is your postion/function")? Can I disable that?
- Why after all this, the customer has no access to his issues/service desk? Is there any other solution than removing and readding each customer?
Bonus question: :-)
The old url of our (Server) Service Desk was more readable. It uses the service projects key. The new (Cloud) url is much longer and contains a portal number instead. I can't remember that I intentionally configured this in the old Service Desk. Can that be changed in the cloud somehow to the same style than we had before?
Thanks a lot. I hope this are not all annoying beginner questions. :-)