Hi everyone,
I'm here due to the recent incident from 08/07 Dec. 2021 which caused problems for automation rules.
In my case specifically, it caused one of my rules to not trigger on time. The rule was scheduled to create a task on 08.12.2021 12:00AM (midnight). The task was not created, and when I checked when the next rule execution was to be expected - it was for next week - 15.12.2021 (it's a weekly Wednesday rule). In addition, there was no audit log showing whether the rule ran or failed.
I checked all of my automation rules because of this, panicking that this might in the future cause us to miss tasks. While I was doing that, the problematic rule triggered at 11AM and created the task...
So here's my question - Was this trigger run manually by JIRA as a correction for all the problems caused by the outage, or is it a cron service which existed before this outage and which makes sure that all rules are run after an outage.
Basically, I want to know whether there is a contingency in place to run these failed rules in case another outage like this happens, so I can sleep at night 
Thanks in advance!
-Nev