I am bit confused to select a tool that supports both Manual test cases and BDD test cases to be executed and maintained individually.
I also read other relevant questions but it doesn't fit my need .
I work for start-up Tech company and we use Jira-On- demand for bug tracking and I'm currently in the process of researching for test case management software for their our needs. Just wanted to get your opinions/thoughts on which software you think one is best and why?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/integrate-jira-with-a-test-case-manager-100302898.html
Some specific features of JIRA that are required:
•Create, view, edit and clone tests
•Define test steps, actions and expected results
•Map, link, and track test coverage on requirements and defects
•Define preconditions and associate them with tests
•Group tests in test sets
•Plan test execution cycles
•Execute tests
•Link defects
•Changes on test definition do not affect past test executions
•Workflow controls .
•Reporting.
•Efficiently manage, track & organize your QA efforts
Automated tests:
Export Cucumber tests from JIRA to feature files
Specific to my project :
1.Not all the test cases need to be automated so the current test cases needed to maintained individually and executed manually .
2.Enhancements and specific features will be automated and maintained individually
I tried some plugins and I didn't get a clear idea it would be helpful if someone provide opinion on which plugin I must use .
X-ray plugin fits my need but its server based .
Please provide suggestions if any ?