Hi, I am trying to handle the case where an existing customer wants to create a ticket via the portal on behalf of another user who is not yet a customer.
I am collecting the new user email via a custom field on the portal and have tried using automation to add the new user to the ticket (as a participant or the reporter), but this does not work as the new user is not an existing customer.
So the solution I am trying now with automation is to A) add the new user as a new customer to the project &
edit the issue setting the reporter as the new user.
If I run both these as separate manual automations it works fine so the logic seems correct. But if I run it as a single automation triggered when the issue is created then part B fails with message 'need to specify a valid reporter'.
I am thinking this is a timing issue, ie. the new user at A has not been fully created by the time part B runs. Is there any way to delay the execution of B or any other more elegant way of achieving this?
Any ideas/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks