I absolutely hate attachment covers. They clutter up the board and provide no value (they're too small to be of any use).
How do I disable attachment covers for good on my board?
None of these work when there is 1 single attachment
* From the board > hover over the issue's cover image I want to remove > click on the 3 dots ... > Actions only shows Add flag, Add label, Copy issue link. There is no option to remove the cover.
* Open the issue > click on 3 dots in upper right (next to share icon) > no option to remove the cover
* Open the issue > navigate to the attachment section > click on 3 dots > no option to remove the cover
However if there 2 or more attachments I can hover over the attachment that is the cover > click the 3 dots > `Hide on Card`
Please note that I am not a Jira admin but I do manage the board.