@Vaishnavi Muchi ,
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Could you please explain your query?
Hi @Suvradip Paul
You can see image right there one field is there Feature Flag Required with checkbox of Yes so when i click that yes down fields description and feature flag name to be mandate...
I appreciate your answer
Thank You.
Hi there, Maybe you can use a validation rule as described in this other post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Conditional-Required-Fields-in-Jira-Tickets/qaq-p/1410977
Hi @Vaishnavi Muchi - You cannot do that during the creation of an issue with Jira Cloud. You can create the issue and then prevent the transition to other statuses using a validator or condition, but you can't make other fields mandatory in the same step as you click the check box.
Hi @John Funk
Yah I got but i tried in test environment...I want to know which validator or condition can be suitable for this
I appreciate your help
Thank You
You can use the Field Required Validator or add a condition for Value Field - then enter the field name and use != for the condition and leave the value field blank (empty).
Using a Condition will not show the transition at all if the field is not populated. You probably don't want that.
With a Validator, you can add a message that tells the user that the field must be populated.
You solved your problem because I am curious about the solution. I have a similar problem and I do not want to assume a new topic.
Thank you
Hi @Maximumhorrors
I think it works for me I am in little bit confuse for i tried in test environment like that but in my test instance there is no required data...to do exactly but also i have tried i think it works...
My request is you told you have same problem so let me know whether it is working in production...can you share any image what you did so that i will try it in production.
I appreciate your help,
As the requirement is that when i click on checkbox (yes) only i want the fields(Feature Flag Name and Description fields) to be mandatory if i don't click yes fields should not be mandatory...
I appreciate your help....I have tried but no answer i hope you will respond to the request early..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.