I have a requirement to automatically change service account Jira Token before expiration, but it seems I can't find right one, please point me to right document.
Thanks
This is possible with Server/Data Center: Creating PATs using REST API
But I'm not finding anything similar for Cloud: Manage API tokens for your Atlassian account
I believe that @Veera meant to say here that there is NOT "a REST END point which can be used to create API token on behalf of a user".
Further, Hans Z. on stackoverflow.com makes a good point:
Typically not because to access such an API you'd need an API token. Accessing such an API with username/password defeats some of the principles behind API/access tokens.
Thanks, I guess we have to manually renew it.
Yeah, sorry for the bad news. Could you please Accept my answer? Thanks!
Hi @Darryl Lee
So did you mean that we cannot use REST API to get PAT?
Is there any workaround rather than doing it manually we require to automate this PAT process and fetch it from the response body.
Thanks,
Jatin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.