I assume this is a permissions thing. But can you point me to how I can ensure that users see only their own projects? This is a free plan so not sure if it's possible.
Hello Jim!
For each project, you need to set the Browse Project permission to limit access to either a group or set of project roles.
Setting access by project roles allows the Project administrator for each project to allow access. Setting access by group will involve coordination with the Site Admin.
Hope this helps!
Ok, that rings a bell. Let me play around with that a little. Thanks.
@Robert Wen_Cprime_ Everything I can find on this says that I cannot do what you're suggesting on the free plan. Is that true or am I missing something?
Sorry Jim. Looks like this is true. Here's the support article indicating what can't be configured with the Free plans.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/permissions-and-issue-level-security-in-free-plans/
Are you working with Company Managed projects, Team Managed projects, or both?
Permission Schemes apply only to Company Managed projects.
Company-managed only. I used Team Managed once and let's say I found it wanting. I think I have the permissions set correctly. But I am waiting for these two guys to log in so I can log in as them to see what they have access to.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.