Hi, I'm Gunwoo Park.
I have a user pool and want to let my users to log into JSD through my user pool. There is no "email" information in my user pool, so I'd like to use "sub" for Open ID Connect.
I need to create a corresponding JSD user programmatically for each user and I've checked JSD REST API and found POST /rest/servicedeskapi/customer.
There is a problem with the mentioned endpoint, which is I cannot set "username" as whatever I want. The JSD REST API document says "The customer's username is their email address", which is obviously a different behavior with JSD Admin Webpage where I can set "username" as whatever I want.
This prevents me from assigning "sub" as "username" since the endpoint requires me to insert a valid email address, which cannot cover the sub format like 00567bd3-afe3-4eac-b123-b9e49aa1aca0.
I suggest you to consider adding a new input paremeter "username" on POST /rest/servicedeskapi/customer, which will allows me to create JSD users with sub as username.
I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.